We Are Passionate About Delivering World Class Products to All Our Customers.
At ETB we value our employees and reward commitment with extensive training opportunities, competitive remuneration, and a vibrant and fun working environment.
ETB are an equal opportunities company.
Email your CV along with salary expectations to ETB’s personnel manager email@example.com
Mobile Application Python Engineer
The company is seeking to develop a new generation of medical products in support of human gait analysis and an experienced software engineer is required to design, implement and test a mobile (Android) application for this new system, using the Python Kivy framework. The development will be carried out as part of a small, multi-disciplined, self-motivated team.
You would be joining a dynamic company specialising in the development of state of art technology. It’s flagship product delivers an innovative sensor based solution for analysing and monitoring mobility with a wide range of healthcare applications leading to faster clinical decision-making and improved patient outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities
Mobile application design using UML, including, but not limited to, familiarity with:
- object orientation and polymorphism,
- hierarchical finite state machines,
- RESTful architectures,
- serial communications protocols,
- Backus-Naur notation and variants,
- HTTP(s), security, and encryption.
Android application implementation using Python and Linux, including, but not limited to:
- use of mobile development frameworks such Python Kivy,
- plugin architectures exploiting loose coupling and late binding,
- interfaces to NoSQL databases,
- encryption and data integrity validation,
- base64 and JSON encoding,
- optimized and template driven activity layout for a variety of screen resolutions,
Use of Android system services, to interface with a range of hardware and software, including, but not limited to:
- input technologies such as speech and gesture recognition,
- output technologies such as alarms, voice annunciation, vibration,
- Bluetooth Classic v4.0+,
- GPS and location services,
- high resolution timers,
- WiFi and data network services,
- shared internal and external storage.
- Creation of code and documentation in accordance with ISO 13485,
- Software engineering management, including:
- automated test suite generation,
- configuration control management using a distributed version control system.
- Proven mobile application development experience.
- Expertise in Python, Android, HTTP(s), UML, Bluetooth.
- Familiarity with Mercurial or equivalent version control system.
- Track record in the use of Linux as a development environment.
- Familiarity with open source software.
- Small, multi-disciplined, engineering team.
- Need to delve into other related aspects of the project as required.
- Evolving system and interface specifications.
- Flexible, plugin and late binding architectures.
- Self management, research and learning wherever necessary.
About the Company
European Technology for Business Holdings Ltd. creates technological solutions for healthcare challenges using patented micro sensor technology applied to human and animal movement. The Company was founded 1997 originally as a research and design consultancy. In 2010, ETB began development of a commercial gait measurement system for humans. Today, the Company has two products: GaitSmart™, a 6-sensor gait measurement system for humans; and Pegasus™, an 8-sensor gait measurement system for horses.
ETB’s products are used worldwide into healthcare; elderly, orthopaedics and sports.